Rachel Thompson

Monday, June 10, 2013

Review: Spare Change by Bette Lee Crosby

Spare ChangeSpare Change by Bette Lee Crosby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Favourite quote … Olivia trying to find out more information about Ethan and any family he might have. When Ethan says this about the nearest neighbors.

“We didn’t have no neighbors. The Pickens’ farm was closest, but Mama claimed she wouldn’t wipe her ass on that mealy-mouthed Missus Picken.”

List the characters and describe them. Olivia – very independent female, married Charlie

Charlie – married Olivia, died in Florida

Ethan – 11 year old boy

Jack Mahoney – detective officer

Scooter Cobb – restaurant owner

Sam Cobb – police officer

What part would you change in the story, and why? I would have Charlie and Ethan meet. This is the only thing I would change.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment